I'm sure many of my readers have the same issue. However, my problem is Compounded by working on (mainly) Breast Cancer in British Columbia, Canada - with American, British, and Canadian Collaborators. So the same letters tend to occur over and over:
- A is for Agency, Alberta, Alliance, America, American, or Association
- B is for Breast, British, or Broadcasting
- C is for Canada, Canadian, Cancer, Center, Centre, Centres, Collaborative, Columbia, Consortium, Corporation, or Council
- F is for Foundation or Fund
- I is for Innovation, Institute, or Institutes
- N is for National or Network
- S is for Science or Society
R is always for research and H is always for Health, for which I suppose I should be grateful.
Put any of these letters together in any Combination, and I probably have a matching folder somewhere.
Let's see, I have folders for the following: AACR, ACRI, BCCA, BCCRC, BCCF, CBC, CBCF, CBCRA, CCSRI, CFI, CIHR, CRUK, GBC, NCE, NCI, NCIC, NIH, NSERC, and OICR.
So today, Checking my Credit Card Balance online, I was Confused to see a payment to an entity Called BCF.
Was there a new player in town? The British Columbia Foundation? The Breast Cancer Fund? The Broadcasting Centre Foundation? British Central Fund? Boring Christmas Food? Burgeoning Cat Fur? Big Chaotic Frenzy? Bring Cath Fudge?
And why the Bloody Cockeyed Fuck am I giving them money??!!
Until I realised the item was related to our upcoming trip to Vancouver Island.
A trip that necessitates paying a reservation fee to BC Ferries.
I think I need to get out more.