1. Will you be looking for a new job?
I very much hope not, because I've enjoyed my new job so far. However, not only is my job grant-funded but there's a 6-month probationary period in place!
2. Will you be looking for a new relationship?
Definitely not - we've only been married for 4 months!
3. New house?
Not unless ours unexpectedly falls down. We moved in 2006.
4. What will you do differently in 08?
Hopefully get less stressed by things that are out of my control.
5. New Years resolution?
Less stressing, less procrastination, more skiing, more kayaking.
6. What will you not be doing in 08?
Getting married or buying a house!
7. Any trips planned?
If I get my stolen permanent resident card replaced in time, we'll be going to visit my brother-in-law in Vietnam. If not, we'll content ourselves with beautiful BC on various skiing and ocean kayaking trips. Oh, and we'll be spending Christmas 2008 with my family in England.
8. Wedding plans?
Hell no. (See #2).
9. Major thing on your calendar?
There was enough of that in the last 2 years, thank you very much (see #2 & #3).
10. What can’t you wait for?
Fresh Whistler powder, baby. December 29th and / or 30th!
11. What would you like to see happen differently?
Everything is pretty damn good right now. I'd like Newcastle United to win something for the first time in my lifetime, but 2008 is probably much too early for that.
12. What about yourself will you be changing?
See #5 - especially the less procrastination thing.
13. What happened in 07 that you didn’t think would ever happen?
I did not cry at my own wedding, despite crying at everyone else's ever!
14. Will you be nicer to the people you care about?
I'm always nice to them, but I will do it more frequently. Specifically, I will be better at remembering birthdays in enough time to send a card over the Atlantic...
15. Will you dress differently this year than you did in 07?
I am already starting to slide back towards my pre-industry job dress code... However, after the big house and wedding expenses of the last two years, I will probably be able to buy some new clothes for a change.
16. Will you start or quit drinking?
I will stop drinking TUDs (totally unnecessary drinks) - you know, when you start another one even though everyone's already yawning and the evening will clearly be ending soon. The ultimate TUD is the tequila shooter you order after you've already called for a taxi, but I haven't gone to that extreme in quite a while.
17. Will you better your relationship with your family?
I need to work on my relationship with my Dad, although things are already better than they were.
18. Will you do charity work?
I'm more into sponsored one-off events to be honest. This year I did a 5 km walk for the MS Society of Canada. Next year I'm thinking of doing their 60 km bike ride, but I would need a wee bit of training for that.
19. Will you go to bars?
This is a very silly question. Of course I will.
20. Will you be nice to people you don’t know?
I'm nice to everyone (well, polite at the very least) unless and until they give me a reason not to be. (This does not apply on days when I have to take the bus).
21. Do you expect 08 to be a good year for you?
Yes. I'm pretty happy in most areas of my life, most of the time.
22. How much did you change from this time last year till now?
The biggest change is that I'm much happier with my job. I'm using my brain again, and the mental dullness inspired by the lack of intellectual stimulation in my last job is wearing off! (Hello, former colleagues! D and K and S and anyone else who reads this! Don't tell anyone important (i.e. that I might need a reference from in future) that I said this!)
23. Do you plan on having a child?
Hell no. We might get a cat though.
24. Will you still be friends with the same people you are friends with now?
Definitely, and I hope to add a few more as well. I don't understand people who say they have enough friends and don't need any more.
25. Major lifestyle changes?
26. Will you be moving?
27. What will you make sure doesn’t happen in 08 that happened in 07?
No wedding stress. It's going to be fabulous.
28. What are your New Years Eve plans?
I'm working during the day, but we're hosting a party in the evening. We won't have to deal with transit / taxis this year, but we will have to deal with a bunch of hungover people on our sofa in the morning! There are nowhere near enough taxis in this city and I can guarantee that several people will get stranded.
29. Will you have someone to kiss at midnight?
30. One wish for 08?
That I can spread my good moods to the people around me, and reverse my bad moods by sharing in their good ones!
Who to tag, who to tag...
Anyone else on my blogroll whose blog I read but don't know well enough to inflict a meme on!