This time the aim is to fill in the missing middle word on each line, so that the first two words AND the last two words of each set form a scientific(ish) term. As a non-sciency example, fill in the gap below
GREEN ________ BAG
with the word TEA, to form the terms GREEN TEA and TEA BAG.
As before, answer in the comments in any order you like - but please submit only one answer per person per hour, to give as many people as possible a chance to play!
- DRY __ICE__ AGE (Lisbeth)
- STROBE _LIGHT_ WAVE (Pika)
- BINARY __STAR__ FISH (Alyssa)
- FOOD _CHAIN_ REACTION (Bob)
- HEAVY _WATER_ TABLE (Anonymous)
- PERPETUAL _MOTION_ SICKNESS (Mermaid)
- CLEAN __ROOM__ TEMPERATURE (Chall)
- FUEL __CELL__ DIVISION (Schlupp)
- COMMON __COLD__ FUSION (Pika)
- LAND __MASS__ SPECTROMETER (Alyssa)
I got all but one of the answers. Let's just say that I came up with some fairly ridiculous guesses (binary cat? Code fish?) out of desperation, and felt rather silly when I saw the answer!
I'll update the post with the answers and bragging rights as and when I get time, and I'll add clues if there are any unanswered questions after a day or two.