- I have discovered a new diet. It is called the Don't Bring Any Food To Work, Forget Your Wallet, And Don't Have Time To Find Someone Who Can Lend You Any Lunch Money Diet. 100% success guaranteed. May cause stomach to growl audibly while talking to your boss. Send me $29.99 and I'll tell you how it works!
- As with my last big grant deadline, I have made up a new word this week. Unformation - unhelpful information.
- A mother-in-law who is a keen gardener but says "your garden looks so colourful!" instead of "my goodness, what a lot of dandelions!" is a wonderful thing.
- It is best to check the wedding video your friend kindly made for you for inappropriate comments about kilts and wedding nights before watching it for the first time with your mother-in-law. (In retrospect we shouldn't have allowed said friend to interview our other guests after they'd been at the open bar for a couple of hours).
- A mother-in-law who doesn't comment on the above is an even more wonderful thing.
- There is nothing cuter than two cats playing together in a box that is too small for them, alternating between play fighting and cleaning each other's ears.
- Young nephews will tend to agree with the above sentiment.
- Cats will tend to run away from said nephews.
6 Tours to Get to Know Vancouver This Summer
2 hours ago